Our history


XVIII century, in the estate at Pommiers

At the beginning, the estate was situated on the extreme west side of what was then the parish of Saint-Félix-de-Pommiers (in 1848 this became Saint-Félix-de-Foncaude).

     The property at that date named, “Bouchereau“ belonged to the family of land-owners called “Boutet”, being owners since several generations.  (Notes of this can be found in the National Archives)

XIX century, the time of the legatees

     The estate finds itself increased in size by Jean Boutet between 1802 and 1859.

     During this period the Boutet Family move to the area called « Jardinet », still in Saint Félix.  Here a larger, richer looking home, compared to that of the modest house in Bouchereau is built.  The house is constructed on the road linking Sauveterre to Langon, opposite the windmill « Belair ».

     Thanks to the marriage between Anne Boutet (Jean Boutet’s daughter) and Jean Serizier, land owner in Saint Hilaire du Bois in 1832, the domain spreads further out.  Jean Serizier becomes later the mayor of Saint Felix.

     Their daughter, Anne Pauline Serizier, marries in 1861 Léonard Guitard, heir of a noteworthy family from Blasimon.

     Marie Guitard, born from this union, marries around 1890 André Icard, son of Théodore Icard, pharmacist, mayor of Sauveterre and departmental councilor.


XX century, Paths that cross

     Henry Icard, unique heir, finds himself at the head of an important patrimony, regrouping several properties from neighboring villages.   Following the end of World War 1, he returns to his civil life, deciding only to run and keep the property at Saint Félix .

     His two sons, Jacques and Pierre, take over the property from 1970.  Jacques later also becomes the mayor of Saint Felix.



XXI century, Project in Gold (Or)

     Today, Jean-Christophe Icard, son of Pierre, owns and runs the property.  Like his ancestor, Jean Boutet, he has built up the estate of Château de L’Orangerie (1), which he manages with serenity and dynamism.

(1) Reference to a part of the Chateau where in previous years Orange trees were conserved against frost during the winter months.


Family tree